Welcome to Oatlands Primary School
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Wednesday 10th February - Oatlands PS Swimming Trials
- Thursday 11th February (9:30-10:30pm) - Parents and Friends Meeting
- Wednesday 17th February - School Photos
- Friday 18th March - Student Free Day
- Friday April 15th
- "Movie under the stars" Pack a picnic rug and chairs $25 per family - Save the date! (Movie title and more information to follow)
- Saturday 16th April (10am-12pm) - 2017 Prep Open Day
- Term 1: Friday 29 January to Thursday 24 March
- Term 2: Monday 11 April, 2016 to Friday 24 June
- Term 3: Monday 11 July, 2016 to Friday 16 September
- Term 4: Monday 3 October to Tuesday 20 December
- Friday 29th January to Friday 5th February 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Monday 8th February to Friday 12th February 9:00am – 2:15pm
- Monday 15th February on 9:00am – 3:30pm
Welcome back to Oatlands Primary School for the 2016 school year. I hope that you had the chance to have a restful and enjoyable break over the Christmas and New Year period. A very warm welcome also to our fifteen new and returning staff to Oatlands Primary School: Deanne Morgan (Assistant Principal), Susan Williams (Info Lit), Holly Wilson (Educational Psychologist), Pamela Dale (Prep Lit/Num), Natalia Moana (Grade 1 Lit/Num), Melissa Osborne (Prep HO), Brooke Begovic (Prep BB), Gareth Dutlow (Prep GD), Sheridan Dudley (Prep SD), Jacqueline Taranto (1JT), Maddison Staude (1MS), Serice Benc (1SB), Jessica Hodsman (3HB), Brittany Ternanov (3BT) and Elizabeth Brouwer (5EB). We also welcome Matt Kenny and Deanne Morgan to the roles of Assistant Principal.
This year will be another very exciting year at Oatlands Primary School. We are continuing to develop our school into the best school that we can be. An important aspect of this is our strong foundation based on two-way communication between home and school. We have a number of organised opportunities where communication takes place (e.g. Parent-Teacher Interviews, Classroom Blogs, Newsletters, Web Site) and we are very keen to hear from you any time.
This year we have some changes that will assist the ongoing development and improvement at Oatlands Primary School. We have Holly Wilson working with us full time. Holly is an Educational Psychologist who will be looking at specific educational needs (advanced and lower) of students and developing a learning pathway to help these students move forward. We have two staff in Grade Prep and Grade One who will focus on support for students and extension. The Junior School will have the chance to be a part of the Thinking Outside The Box program during the year. All of this is in addition to the great things that are an ongoing part of Oatlands Primary School. The educational partnership between home and school is very important to us and we look forward to continuing this strong partnership in 2016.
Take a minute to have a look at our feature blog, you never know you may see someone you know or read the latest entries from all of the school's blogs.
Check out some of the other blogs here.